By Jacob Serebrin and Sidhartha Banerjee THE CANADIAN PRESS MONTREAL- As one Quebec city that had been threatened by wildfires lifted an evacuation order Tuesday, authorities turned their attention to communities in the northern and northwestern parts of the province where firefighters worked to beat back threats from out-of-control blazes. “We’re following all of this from hour to hour, obviously,” Premier Francois Legault told reporters in Sept-Iles, Que. “If we look at the situation in Quebec as a whole, there are several places where it is still worrying.” According to the province’s forest fire prevention agency, more than 150 forest fires were burning in the province on Tuesday, including more than 110 deemed out of control. Legault said the Abitibi-Temiscamingue region in northwestern Quebec is an area of particular concern, with
The post ‘A situation that’s unprecedented.’ Quebec confronted with over 150 wildfires appeared first on The Turtle Island News.